The Sky is Falling!



So it’s been Crazy here not to mention a few changes. Last weekend I had a 24 hour comic book Jam with a few like-minded friends (the great and talented Jesse Hughes, the bubbly Jennifer Evans who hosted the event Ted Woods and Nick Dimtriadis. In those 24 hours, managed to do all the character designs, story, and pencils for all 22 pages, 1 cover and the back. It wasn’t as crazy as I thought it would be. I even started inking a few pages. Passed out around 5am when my body would not allow me to work again. Ill post scans of that later. I spoke to the wife and she really enjoys the story so this will be our 1st self-published story as soon as I finish the inks and color. It’s one standalone issue and reads like a story from start to finish.

 
 
A few weeks ago I attended my 1st public anything concerning my art. It was at the Art and Sole Festival. I was able to rub elbows with Jay Shimko, Bruce Gerlach, Jason Westlake and John Marroquin. Those are some pretty solid guys who produce some exceptional artwork.  I was able to talk to them about their 1st time at a Comic Convention and get some really good tips for the upcoming Detroit Fanfare. 


 Speaking of Fanfare, It is set in stone that we are rocking out October 26 – 28th. Since I wanted to make a good impression I have created a new logo, purchased banners and business cards from those unstoppable people from Neko Heavy Industries. They have been a huge help in all of this, since I had less than 2 weeks to get prepared for this I need some print supplies STAT. I called the owner and he took care of it as if it were no problem at all, you can’t beat that. You can check me out as a featured artist at the Detroit Fanfare 





Also got on another Sketch Card set, moving slowly but we are getting there. Sadlittles has their artist card swap due in April 2013. We were challenged to create a list of pop culture icons and complete 30 cards based on that list. Should be fun. Will keep you posted. 

The wife is getting into the art scene, she has taken a huge liking to coloring and her medium is colored pencils. I’m ridiculously proud of her and the incredibly fast progress she has been making with patience as well as here knowledge on color. 


Ive also been concentrating more on inking as well as color, here are a few. 

Comments

Popular Posts